Craft Beer & Breweries TourBook now
About the Tour
Germans have been brewing beer forever – when the Romans tried to expand into Germania, they found teutonic tribesman standing in their way, fermented barley wine in hand and rosy cheeks on faces – and they’re pretty darn good at it. In the early 20th century, Berlin was the biggest brewer of them all, with the most breweries of any city in the world. Then the wholesale destruction of WWII, and the disruption of the subsequent partition nigh on put the city back to square one.
Thankfully today Berlin’s beer scene is back with a vengeance. Thus we send out the call to all hopheads, beer freaks or just those with a humble respect for a nice cold beverage of an evening, to come and bathe in Berlin’s beer history and soak up (responsibly, of course) the burgeoning craft beer scene that’s mushrooming in the modern city. We’ll sample brews from all over the town at three different bars, whilst munching on a big, fat, salty pretzel or several and chatting about the mechanics of beer and beer tasting, Germany’s spiritual connection with malt, hops, water and yeast, Berlin’s rocky road to craft beer kingship and more.
Good to Know
- Limited spaces per tour – please book in advance!
- Groups of 8 and above: please email us directly for a quote.
- Minimum age 18 years. We reserve the right to turn away anyone from the tour based on their behavior.
- Visit to 3 bars or microbreweries serving Berlin’s best local Craft Beer
- Try at least 5 of the best German craft beers around
- One beer or beer tasting samples is included at each location
- A small snack to accompany the evening
- The history of Berlin and beer brewing
- Experienced local Brewer’s Berlin Guide
- Each tour of the week features a different neighborhood and/or route, including the Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, Prenzlauer Berg and Mitte districts. Our tour routes are specially chosen to provide a different tour experience each night for guests who wish to come on more then one tour.
- A Berlin AB day transport pass is needed for the tour (€7) and can be purchased on the spot.